Treatment for Cockroaches
Cockroaches love your home as much as you do for its food, shelter and warmth. However, once inside, they can become a nightmare, eating almost anything, spreading diseases, and breeding quickly. A small problem can soon become a major issue. Therefore, you need to act fast.
At Pro Pest Control Melbourne, we have the most up-to-date processes and solutions to treat all types of cockroach problems in residential and commercial properties. Our technicians are licensed and insured and have years of experience. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and discreet, so you can count on us to eliminate the infestation quickly and safely.
These pests are extremely adaptable and can survive many adverse conditions. Some have even developed immunity against pesticides. If you have a roach problem, you must engage professionals like us.
We offer effective treatments and guaranteed results.
Call us now at 03 4062 5000.
Why Cockroaches Are Considered Pests
They are considered common pests when they enter any home or property. The insects can pose serious health risks to you and your family because they carry a range of infectious diseases.
The creepy crawlies can pick up germs when they crawl through decaying matter. Later, they can spread them to humans through meal contamination that leads to food poisoning. Among the nasty diseases, they pass onto humans are typhoid fever, gastroenteritis, salmonellosis and cholera.
In addition, their saliva, droppings can trigger asthma and allergy attacks.
How We Treat Cockroaches
The sooner they are eliminated from your home or business, the better. At Pro Pest Control Melbourne, our experienced technicians provide fast and effective cockroach control and prevention treatments.
Inspection and Monitoring
Like many other insects, they prefer to be hidden in dark, quiet places, so ideal breeding spots are all cavities and roof voids. We´ll conduct a comprehensive inspection of your building. We look for signs of infestations and potential shelter sites.
Treatment and Extermination
If we find them, we´ll deploy safe (non-toxic), targeted treatments that get rid of roaches quickly. They can include dusting powders, sprays and gel baits.
Our work is only complete once we have fully resolved your pest issue.
We´ll provide you with advice on protecting your home or business against future infestations.
Common Cockroach Species in Melbourne
The most common species found are:
- German cockroach (Blatella germanica) – small, aggressive winged insect with a light brown body and two black stripes behind the head.
- American cockroach (Periplaneta americana) – one of the largest that can infest homes is reddish-brown with a yellow figure of eight pattern on its head.
- Oriental cockroach (Blatta orientalis) – these insects have shiny bodies with a black to a dark reddish-brown colour. They are also known as water bugs because they prefer damp spaces.
- Australian cockroach (Periplaneta australasiae) – despite its name, this tropical type isn´t native to Australia. It has a reddish-brown to dark brown appearance with yellow markings on the top of its head.
- Common shining cockroach (Drymaplaneta communis) – has a glossy black or dark brown body with a pale margin around the front half of the body. This species is native to southeast Australia
Common Signs of Infestation
How Do You Know If You Have A Cockroach Problem?
If you see one in your home, there´s a chance that more are lurking in the shadows. Sometimes, a solitary roach may sneak inside, but these are social creatures and often travel in groups. So here are five tell-tale signs that you have a cockroach problem.
- Shed skin. They shed their skin several times between hatching and maturity.
- Cockroach droppings. These are tiny brown/black cylindrical droppings that look like black pepper or ground coffee. Be careful when you clear up their mess because it can be hazardous to health.
- Smear marks on walls. When they have access to lots of liquid, they excrete wet cockroach poop rather than produce dry droppings.
- Unusual smell. A cockroach nest has an intense oily, and spicey stench. Cockroach faeces also has a musty and potent smell.
- Damage – you may see signs of damage on packaging, books, paper, cardboard and leather.
- You see them. If you turn on a light and see several scattering across the floor you likely have an infestation.
How To Keep Cockroaches at Bay: DIY Control and Prevention Tips
- Ensure your kitchen appliances are clean.
- Clear out crumbs and spills from inside cabinets.
- Wipe down commercial kitchen sink countertops with disinfectant each night.
- Limit the consumption of food to one room in the house. When meal is consumed in all areas of a home, crumbs and spills can easily go unnoticed, except by cockroaches.
- Store meal in sealed containers
- These prolific breeders love damp places so check your home for leaking appliances and fixtures.
- Use smells the insects don´t like, such as peppermint and cinnamon. Keep a few sticks of cinnamon in food storage places and use peppermint spray all over your home to keep them away.
- Do the dishes after the evening meal. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink increases the possibility of a roach infestation.
- Vacuum your home at least twice a week. This will collect any tiny cockroach eggs the roaches may have laid.
- Empty rubbish bins daily and keep refuse and compost in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks and holes to prevent the insects from accessing your home. Common entry points are gaps around pipes and drains.
- Don´t leave pet food on the ground, as it can attract roaches.
How many types of cockroaches are there in Australia?
Australia is home to approximately 450 cockroach species. The most common types are Australian, German Cockroach, American, Oriental, brown-banded cockroaches and smoky brown cockroaches.
What attracts cockroaches to homes?
- Dirty dishes
- Food sitting out
- Dirty, cluttered rooms
- Humid spaces
- Leaky taps and other water sources
- Tiny hiding spaces
Do cockroaches bite?
Yep, they may bite people, but it is a rare occurrence.
How much does cockroach treatment cost?
Treatment costs vary depending on the type of cockroach, property size and the nature and scope of the severe infestation.
Why Choose Us
- Licensed Pest Technicians from Victoria Health
- $20,000,000 Public Liability Insured
- 12 month cockroach control warranty
- Eco-friendly Control
- Members of the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association.
- Fast and Reliable
- Years of Experience in Pest Control Industry
- 100% assured satisfaction
- Free Quotes with Best Price Guarantee
- Professional Cockroach Pest Control Service
- Cockroach Control
- German, American and Australian Cockroach Experts
- External and Internal Treatments
- Please note existing cockroach infestations of German roaches may require additional treatments
- Central and Western Suburbs
- Melbourne CBD
- South Yarra and Prahran
- Richmond and Essendon
- Eastern and Northern Suburbs
- Mornington Peninsula